Isabel is going back to China.....and now we are home

Isabel is going back to China.....and now we are home
we will be here until all our kids have a family of their own

Monday, March 17, 2008

Crazy day....

Today we tried to spend as many hours as we could upstairs with the kids. the morning was fairly peaceful. Usually there are "only" about 8-10 of the little ones around. The nannies take the older ones out for walks and to the playground. They come home dirty and tired and have a quick bottle and into bed for a nap. After lunch we played for a while and then had our customary downtime in the apartment. i am trying to organize some of t he many many photos I have taken. I am making a DVD for Sarah's parents of what I had before they came and at the actual adoption and a few from afterwards. I also want one of all twenty one of the kids I have met here and of course our travel/tourist shots. Thank goodness for digital photos.
In the afternoon there was a going away party for Sarah and her family. It was chaos! There must have been 50 people in that small space and there was cake and pop and chips and popcorn all over that place. Very little of it went into those little mouths but rather scattered about. Pretty festive atmosphere but then things turned and Sarah's nanny was crying again and Sarah had a bit of a meltdown and looked a like a deer in the head lights. And everyone was sad and weepy and it was time to get out of Dodge. The family leaves tomorrow and I think that was the final goodbye.
We hopped a cab to go to the market to get a phone card for Our new girl Louise. It was also mobbed so we came home pretty early. I guess we are getting tired now and are ready to start the long journey home. I will begin packing and try to spend as much time as we can with the kids. It will be sad to say goodbye. Today Gabriel gave me a big old kiss on the lips and I danced Jeannie around as she laughed and my big buddy Benjamin and I had a good old cuddle on the couch and Heather and I put our foreheads together and looked into each others eyes. I made raspberries with Cailean and played stick your tongue out with Erica. I spent my usual 1-2 hours feeding Caitlyn...in the 3 weeks I have been here she has put on only .5 kg and she has a very poor suck. Danielle and I had a moment and Callum and Brianna got a pet. Sean and I played cars. Jade and Rebecca and Rachel and Olivia and Nathanial and Lily and Jasmine and Rose, and of course, Sarah. I just moved
amongst them and touched a little hand here or stoked a tiny head there. Oh I am sad tonight.


Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

http://www.flickr.com/gift/

No comments: